httpd-users mailing list archives

From Roger <ro...@mirasol.co.za>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Two versions of Apache
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 08:50:21 GMT
Thanks again, but what do i edit in that httpd file

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 02:39 -0600, Graham Frank wrote:

> Check for the file /etc/rc.d./init.d/httpd
>
> If it exists, then go ahead and edit it with any text editor and change the httpd path.
 That way, it will start your custom apache instead of the one which came with your os.

> -Graham

my machine, it starts up the default httpd service that comes with Fedora, meaning i have
two versions running and i have to shut down the default httpd then go to

>  /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start.
>
>  I find this very cumbersome to do, how can i remove the default httpd so that whenever
i start or run Linux, it uses the newer version!