httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel E" <emmanue...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Questons on Server
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2006 18:09:51 GMT
1) check out http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/auth.html
2) it is automatically logged in the access.log file. check that out.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David
  Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2006 11:14 PM
  Subject: [users@httpd] Questons on Server

  Hi guys,

  I am really new to the Apache and I would like to do the following:-

    1.. Introduce password authentication access for some of my sites on my web folder (i.e.
htdocs/). How can I do that ? What do I need to configure my config file to make it work ?

    2.. I would like to know who is currently accessing my server / website ? How can I do
that? Is there a feature which I can query my server to find out who is currently accessing
my webpages?

  Thanks!

  Regards,david