httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dennis Madsen" <den...@demaweb.dk>
Subject SV: [users@httpd] Rewrite on Windows-server (subdomain)
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 06:18:17 GMT

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Robert Ionescu [mailto:robsiegen@googlemail.com]
Sendt: 2. marts 2006 22:46
Til: users@httpd.apache.org
Emne: Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite on Windows-server (subdomain)

Dennis Madsen wrote:
> I have this rewrite rule:
>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^([^.]+)\.myhp\.dk$
> RewriteCond %{1} !^www$
> RewriteCond c:/www/myhp.dk/www/%1 -d
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^c:/www/myhp.dk/www/
> RewriteRule (.*) c:/www/myhp.dk/www/%1/$1 [l]

You cannot rewrite to a full physical path in per-dir context (i.e.
.htaccess configuration files, <directory...> and <location...>
sections). mod_rewrite needs an URL-path (e.g. /abc/) here for the
internal redirect.
But mod_rewrite fails here to built such an URL-path (which is always
tried if you don't rewrite directly to an URL-path).

Place your rules in your httpd.conf (=per-server context; if you're
using <virtualhosts..> in the vhost, otherwise outside of <...>-sections.

You should be able to rewrite to a full physical path in per-server context.

IMHO placing directives directly into httpd.conf should be always
preferred instead of using .htaccess.

--
Robert