httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Reverse proxy and cache
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:48:13 GMT
On 2/13/06, Садреев Айрат Алмазович <SadreevAA@kaz.transneft.ru>
wrote:

>         I'd like to provide access to multiple remote Web-servers via my Apache using
reverse proxy. Remote Web-servers connected via low-speed channels so I'd like to use caching
to speed-up content loading for clients.

>         I set up reverse proxy and cache modules. The accessed files put into cache but
download speed was not increased. It seems that files is reloaded every time when accessed
and caching don't work actually.

>         This is an excerpt from my conf file
>
> <VirtualHost 10.10.1.2>
>         ServerName www-root.in
>
>         CacheEnable disk /
>         ProxyPass /vvmn/ http://10.34.1.23/
>
> </VirtualHost>
>

>         Requested URLs looks like this http://www-root.in/vvmn/pics/035457.JPG
>         10.34.1.23 - IP address of the remote server.
>
> What's wrong?

Change LogLevel to debug and check the error log.  Apache follows
normal http caching rules, so your response headers must look
cachable.  Also, you should be using the most recent version if you
want to work with mod_cache.

Joshua.