httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 403 Forbidden Error
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 16:23:26 GMT
On 2/7/06, Jonathan S. Abrams <j.abrams@nutmegaudiopost.com> wrote:

> If I attempt to go to a directory on my web server, such as /test/, I
> get Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /test/ on this
> server.  Now, if I try to go to a file within that directory, such as
> /test/test.txt, the .txt file will display in my browser.

The first thing to look at is the error_log.  No point in doing any
further debugging before knowing exactly what it says in there.

> In my httpd.conf file, I have a line that reads Options +Indexes
> FollowSymLinks.

Do not mix + and non-+ Options.  Try
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

> After reading the FAQ, I made certain that I had the
> following entered.
>
> <Files ~ "^\.ht">
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Files>

Where in the FAQ did you see that?  That has nothing to do with your
problem, but will make certain config files availble for public
download that you probably dont' need to make available.

> The user that originally configured this setup a virtual host conf file,
> located at /conf/sites/myconf.conf.  The last line of httpd.conf
> includes a reference (via *.conf) to this file.  Inside the myconf.conf
> file, I have a line that reads Options +Indexes ExecCGI IncludesNoExec.

Again, remove the "+".

Joshua.