httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rosado, Rodolfo CTR MDA/IOM" <Rodolfo.Rosado....@mda.mil>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.055 Best Practices
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 15:37:11 GMT
All,

  I am attempting to redirect traffic incoming to an Apache server
located in a DMZ to two machines behind my firewall.  My Apache server
listens on both ports 443 and 80.  The traffic on port 443 is redirected
via a JK2 connector to a Tomact 4.1.30 server and has no issues.  The
traffic on port 80 is redirected to another machine running IIS using a
reverse proxy.  I also have a third machine serving images.  All of the
traffic from my DMZ to my backend servers must do so over 1 port.

<VirtualHost _default_:80>
DocumentRoot "e:/apache2/htdocs2"
ServerName portal.mda.mil
ServerAdmin joe.paluka@sumplace.com
ErrorLog logs/error.log
TransferLog logs/access.log
ProxyRequests Off
<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>
ProxyPass /xyz http://xyzmachine:9030/xyz
ProxyPassReverse /xyz http://xyzmachine:9030/xyz
ProxyPass /imagerequest http://imagemachine:9030/imagerequest
ProxyPassReverse /imagerequest http://imagemachine:9030/imagerequest

My challenges are:
The pages are served correctly by the URL's are not being preserved, and
the links on the served pages are also not being preserved.

i.e.:

An inbound request may look like:

http://www.sumplace.com/xyz/somefunction.htm

The page returned to the browser will have the url:

http://xyzmachine:9030/xyz/somefunction.htm

And the links on the page will also have the issue.

I've tried using the ProxyPreserverHost directive, which really didn't
help.

Question:  How can I forward the URL to the backend and have all of the
URL's return to the browser with the proper URL's?

Thanks for any assistance.

R2