httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jerold McAllister" <jerr...@msu.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] apachectl and multiple daemons
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 21:42:00 GMT

> I have the need to run multiple daemons off of the
> same apache base install. Each daemon will have it's
> own configuration file of course, but since they are
> all configured pretty much the same (same modules etc)
> I don't see a need to have several apache installs.
>
> So, I'd have one install, i.e.
>     /usr/apache/xxxx
>
> with multiple configs, i.e
>    /usr/apache/conf/httpd-host1.conf
>    /usr/apache/conf/httpd-host2.conf
>    /usr/apache/conf/httpd-host3.conf
>
> Is there an "apachectl" script that allows for
> multiple daemons to be managed? (start/stop/restart) ?

Are we to presume that you want all of these to start upon machine startup?
What sort of OS are you running on?

You can just make a startup script according to which ever OS you are
using that calls apachectl with the appropriate parameters for each of them.
Or else, just make several copies of apachectl, one each for the different
configs andme each according to use.  They are small and won't eat up much
space.

////jerry