httpd-users mailing list archives

From <ah...@madasafish.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Allow HTTP DELETE method?
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 11:06:56 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote...

"Whoa dude!  mod_dav is 'compatible with httpd 1.3.6 and FORWARD'.  My god, don't
even think about running 1.3.6!!!  It will build and run fine with 1.3.33.

You either have to add a module which provides DELETE, or mod_dav.  You seem
to ignore his answer; Joshua explicitly told you that Apache httpd alone doesn't
support any DELETE or PUT style content-modification methods.  You can ask the
same question a half dozen ways hoping we wave some magic wand, but the code
to delete or replace a file just doesn't exist here."

LOL! That's a nice, clear, blunt response softened with a touch of humour. My
stupidity for understanding version numbers has been exposed, and I've been well
put in my place regarding DELETE.

I shall have a crack at implementing DAV then.

Thanks to Joshua and yourself for clearing this up.

---- - Message sent via Madasafish Webmail - http://www.madasafish.com/ Up to 8Mb Broadband
now from just 11.99 a month