httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Wilson" <gary.wil...@coull.biz>
Subject [users@httpd] SSL Virtual Host Problem
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2006 13:24:03 GMT
Hi

Any help will be appreciated before I crack my skull banging my head against the wall!

Running Apache 2.0.55 (Win32) and OpenSSL 0.9.8.a, can get to server and serve content on
only https or http, but not both.  Below config allows http but not https

Any ideas.... have tried so many different configs now I have no idea where to turn, have
read loads and loads of pages and tried nth number of variations!!!

http.conf  (server name replaced with host1 and ip with 1.1.1.1)
<snip>
<VirtualHost 1.1.1.1>
    ServerAdmin me@there.biz
    DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/cvpcms/platform"
    ServerName host1.domain.net
SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile "c:/program files/apache group/apache2/conf/ssl/ssl_thing.cert"
SSLCertificateKeyFile "c:/program files/apache group/apache2/conf/ssl/ssl_thing.key"
    ErrorLog logs/host1.domain.net-error_log
    CustomLog logs/host1.domain.net-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

ssl.conf  (server name replaced with host1)
<snip>
Listen 443
<VirtualHost _default_:443>
#  General setup for the virtual host
DocumentRoot "c:/program files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/cvpcms/platform"
ServerName host1.domain.net:443
ServerAdmin me@domain.net
ErrorLog logs/host1.domain.net-error_ssl.log
TransferLog logs/host1.domain..net-access_ssl.log
#</VirtualHost>
#   SSL Engine Switch:
#   Enable/Disable SSL for this virtual host.
SSLEngine on

Regards
Gary