httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Errol Neal" <en...@dfi-intl.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Reverse proxy with proxy-html
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 23:16:12 GMT

You Wrote:
> Just some advice: That kind of comment rarely gets you anywhere on a
technical list.

Yeah. It's just a lot of effort to put yourself out there like that..
Supply a bunch of information to a list of total strangers and at times,
get no response whatsoever to your request for assistance. I just
thought I would test the waters to determine if anyone out there was
having a good day and wanted to actually SEE my problem to SEE if
perhaps they could help before actually doing so. I don't know - guess
it's my own insecurities or hate of rejection :)

Did that make any sense?

Anyhow.... Here I go:

I'm running http 2.0.52 on Centos 4.2. I'm trying throw a reverse proxy
in-between a weblogic server to offload SSL processing. Because of the
way this portal is coded, some of the links are hard coded with the
original server's IP. This is why I have to rely upon mod_proxy-html. I
am making some progress, but I am not getting the expected results.

Here is my config file:

<VirtualHost 172.16.101.119:443>
        SSLEngine on
        SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/iedportl.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/iedportl.key
        ServerAdmin netop@dfi-intl.com
        DocumentRoot /var/www/www_*******_net/wwwroot
        ServerName www.tripwire-dhs.net
        CustomLog "|/usr/local/sbin/cronolog
/var/www/www_*******_net/logs/%Y-%m-%d-www_*******_net.log" combined
        ProxyRequests Off
        ProxyPass / http://172.16.103.200:7004/

        ProxyHTMLLogVerbose on
        ProxyPassReverse / http://172.16.103.200:7004/
        LogLevel Debug
        SetOutputFilter proxy-html;DEFLATE
        <Location />
            ProxyPassReverse /
            SetOutputFilter proxy-html;DEFLATE
            ProxyHTMLExtended on
		ProxyHTMLURLMap /(.*) /$1 RL

        </Location>

</VirtualHost>

Now, with that configuration, the results I get links on the page that
have been rewritten, although wrong. Ive attached the relevant portion
of my log file. If I view the link properties, I can tell that something
is even more wrong.. Ive attached a screen shot of that also.

In short, the links are rewritten as
http:/16.103.200:7004/IED/blahblahblah, but the original protocol was
https and there is no redirection occuring that is complicating things,
so is there anyone who used proxy-html with a reverse proxy?

Thanks in advance..

Errol Neal