httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sean Davis <sdav...@mail.nih.gov>
Subject [users@httpd] WebDAV drop box configuration
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 11:57:14 GMT
This may be a bit off-topic, but I don't see a better place to ask.  Also, I
couldn't find a good answer via Google.  I am trying to set up a webDAV drop
box.  I have DAV set up and working as expected, except that if I set up a
directory like so:

<Location /public>
    Dav On
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Webdav Public Drop"
    <LimitExcept PUT>
        require group webdav_public_user
    </LimitExcept>
</Location>

I am presented with a login and it does authenticate (or not) as expected.
However, when connecting via my MacOS to the webDAV /public directory, I can
still read and download files.  Why is that?  I would expect the above
configuration to limit everything except PUT.

If I am in the wrong place to be asking this, could someone point me to the
right one?

Thanks,
Sean