httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bob Bo" <lo...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache performance
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:29:16 GMT
Hello all,

I have a small project of distributing a single 30M file to 10.000 Users. I
build up a small php site that will gather user registration information and
generate a link to that file. Then users will be able to download the file.
I was wondering if some of you could help me out with the bottlenecks I
might be facing. Are there particular points that I must take care of? For
the moment I'm using 2.0.53 in the prefork model.

StartServers 20
MinSpareServers      25
MaxSpareServers     50
MaxClients          256
MaxRequestsPerChild  0

Should I also increase ServerLimit?
Should I play with HTTP1/1 or disable it? (The site has one image)

When I launch hundreds of connections to the site and make a top,  I see for
example that 98% of my processes are sleeping... with only 2-3 running. but
iptraf clearly shows that the whole bandwidth is being taken... Am I only
serving 2-3 clients? CPU and I/Os are null... Am I missing something?

Advices would highly be appreciated :)

Thanks
LoPo