httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Khai Doan" <khai_qu...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] double wild card ssl certificates
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 09:40:15 GMT
My company has a wild card SSL server certificate *.domain.com .  However we
need to use double wild card certificate *.*.domain.com.

Can I use *.domain.com (which is a server certificate, signed by a trusted
root CA) to sign the *.*.domain.com ?

I have read elsewhere that I need an intermediate CA certificate.  Is this
correct ?

Is there any limitation/restriction on the intermediate CA certificate ?
What can I use it for?  Can I use the intermediate CA certificate to sign
other certificates ?  I have read that an intermediate CA certificate can
only be use to establish a chain for a server certificate which is signed by
the same root CA.  Does not make much sense to me.  Can someone please
clarify?

Thank you!