httpd-users mailing list archives

From <Oliver.Scha...@unilog.de>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Client side Java problem
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 08:46:32 GMT
http://www.faqs.org/docs/htmltut/applets/_APPLET_ARCHIVE.html

when i look at this it seems that it should work without the codebase line.

bye oliver

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dan Kruse [mailto:dan.l.kruse@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Do 16.02.2006 09:27
An: users@httpd.apache.org
Betreff: [users@httpd] Client side Java problem

Hello everyone. I have the Apache 2.0.55 server installed, just with the
standard package options. Everything has been going fine, except for one
thing. I have been trying to get a java applet called NESCafe to work, but
every time I try to access the page through my browser I get nothing. The
pages load fine when I access them locally. Upon checking the Apache error
log and the Java Console, I find that Apache is looking for a file
NESCafeApplet.class. However, NESCafe does not come with a .class file, it
comes with a .jar file, which to my understanding incorporates the class
file. So, I am wondering what it is I need to do to get this to work. This
is the browser code for the applet:

<applet code=NESCafeApplet
                            archive="nescafe.jar"
                            codebase="."
                            width=260
                            height=244
                            name=nescafe>
                            <param name=ROMFILE value="donkeyk.nes">

                            <param name=SOUND      value="true">
                            <param name=LIGHTGUN   value="false">

                        </applet>

All the files from NESCafe, along with the rom, are kept in the same
directory.

The website for NEScafe is here: http://www.davieboy.net/nescafe/
I have been in contact with the creator and we were unable to find a
solution. It was after we had worked together that I discovered the class
file problem. I have been unable to contact him since.
I would be very grateful for any help you could offer.