httpd-users mailing list archives

From <Oliver.Scha...@unilog.de>
Subject [users@httpd] RE [users@httpd] ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse switch from http to https on redirect? (Apache 2.2.0)
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:41:35 GMT
Only to make a ProxyPassReverse is not enough to make https
Do you have in your httpd.conf at least Lines like this ?
SSLEngine On
SSLProxyEngine On
Listen fe:443

Your four lines with the Location shows a ProxyPass Directive with an absolute URL to the
backend, which is normal.
You cannot go to the backend with only 1 Location, you have to do this at least twice.
1 for http and 1 for https. This was the intention why i said you need 2 virtual hosts.

Here are some examples
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/vhosts/examples.html

bye
Oliver

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Kresimir Peharda [mailto:kpeharda@yahoo.com]
Gesendet: Mo 13.02.2006 12:16
An: users@httpd.apache.org
Betreff: Re: [users@httpd] RE [users@httpd] ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse switch from http to
https on redirect? (Apache 2.2.0)

--- Oliver.Schaudt@unilog.de wrote:

> Where in your config should come the https from ?
>
> If you want a secure communication to the backend than make a virtual host on
> Port 80 for the frontend, rewrite than all incoming requests from the second
> virtual host which is listening on Port 443 of your frontend server and put
> there (in the 443 Virtuel Host Config )your ProxyPass Lines.
>
> bye
>
> Oliver

Hi Oliver,

 thanks for the offered help, but either I don't understand your answer, or
maybe I did not illustrate my problem good enough. Let me try again.

It goes like this (fe - fronted, be - backend):

Browser--------------------------Proxy(fe)------------------------Backend
  |-------http:/fe/b-end/----------->|
                                     |-------http://be/----------->|
                                     |<--(302)--http://be/Login/---|
  |<--(302)--http://fe/b-end/Login/--|
  |-----http://fe/b-end/Login/------>|
                                     |-----http://be/Login/------->|
                                     |<--(302)-https://be/Login/---|
  |<--(302)--http://fe/b-end/Login/--|

Now, the last response from the backend indicates that the browsers next
request should go to the https port, however, ProxyPassReverse translates it to
http instead to https. Even if I try: ProxyPassReverse https:/fe/b-end/
https://be/

What am I missing here?

BR,