httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Reverse proxy with proxy-html
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 08:55:24 GMT
I have not used mod_proxy_html extensively, and it has been a while now, but from the understanding
I have it will do textual substitution of links in a HTML document with another string. Therefore
nothing prevents you from using a pattern that will match any part of the link URL, including
the method and host/port portions of the URL.

The following

ProxyHTMLURLMap ^https?://server.backend.my/ https://url.public.my/ R

works very well for replacing the backend server URL with the public one. No need to save
the URL path.

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Errol Neal [mailto:eneal@dfi-intl.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2006 12:16 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Reverse proxy with proxy-html

You Wrote:
> Just some advice: That kind of comment rarely gets you anywhere on a
technical list.

Yeah. It's just a lot of effort to put yourself out there like that..
Supply a bunch of information to a list of total strangers and at times, get no response whatsoever
to your request for assistance. I just thought I would test the waters to determine if anyone
out there was having a good day and wanted to actually SEE my problem to SEE if perhaps they
could help before actually doing so. I don't know - guess it's my own insecurities or hate
of rejection :)

Did that make any sense?

Anyhow.... Here I go:

I'm running http 2.0.52 on Centos 4.2. I'm trying throw a reverse proxy in-between a weblogic
server to offload SSL processing. Because of the way this portal is coded, some of the links
are hard coded with the original server's IP. This is why I have to rely upon mod_proxy-html.
I am making some progress, but I am not getting the expected results.

Here is my config file:

<VirtualHost 172.16.101.119:443>
        SSLEngine on
        SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/iedportl.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/iedportl.key
        ServerAdmin netop@dfi-intl.com
        DocumentRoot /var/www/www_*******_net/wwwroot
        ServerName www.tripwire-dhs.net
        CustomLog "|/usr/local/sbin/cronolog /var/www/www_*******_net/logs/%Y-%m-%d-www_*******_net.log"
combined
        ProxyRequests Off
        ProxyPass / http://172.16.103.200:7004/

        ProxyHTMLLogVerbose on
        ProxyPassReverse / http://172.16.103.200:7004/
        LogLevel Debug
        SetOutputFilter proxy-html;DEFLATE
        <Location />
            ProxyPassReverse /
            SetOutputFilter proxy-html;DEFLATE
            ProxyHTMLExtended on
		ProxyHTMLURLMap /(.*) /$1 RL

        </Location>

</VirtualHost>

Now, with that configuration, the results I get links on the page that have been rewritten,
although wrong. Ive attached the relevant portion of my log file. If I view the link properties,
I can tell that something is even more wrong.. Ive attached a screen shot of that also.

In short, the links are rewritten as
http:/16.103.200:7004/IED/blahblahblah, but the original protocol was https and there is no
redirection occuring that is complicating things, so is there anyone who used proxy-html with
a reverse proxy?

Thanks in advance..

Errol Neal