httpd-users mailing list archives

From Evan Cooch <cooc...@verizon.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.0 | localhost.localdomain query
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:16:16 GMT
Greetings -

I posted essentially the same question on
comp.infosystems.ww.servers.unix, but its pretty clear that traffic
concerning Apache on that newsgroup has dwndled to virtually nil - my
colleagues tell me this is a better place these days to ask questions
concerning Apache. So...

Shortly after updating from Apache 2.0.55 to 2.2.0 (on a system
running GNU/Linux - the Apache daemon was compiled with mod_ssl, but
not much more than that), I noticed something in the /server-status
screen - lots of entries where the client is listed as
localhost.localdomain. They have no PID, and the request is always
listed as /HTTP/1.0. Number of accesses is always 0/0/xx, where xx is
the slot.

I made no changes to httpd.conf when migrating from 2.0.55 to 2.2.0,
so I'm not sure what is generating the status entry...don't recall
ever seeing it in the /server-status screen when running 2.0.xx

Any suggestions? Concerns?

Thanks in advance...