httpd-users mailing list archives

From tvlgiao <tvlg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] only one ip per user (has many connections) can access resource at the same time ?
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 13:19:43 GMT
2006/2/6, Boyle Owen <Owen.Boyle@swx.com>:

> [...]

oh, i mean that  while a file is "transferring", the connection is also
"opening", isn't it ? with a large file, the connection probably opens
longer than small files (sometimes we don't realize). the connection will be
closed when a file finished or user close web browser.

Having said all that, you can provide the illusion of sessions and
> statefullness, but only by loading an application on top of HTTP - this
> would be some form of session tracking using cookies, for example. For this,
> you need additional server-sided logic (eg, CGI, PHP, Cocoon, etc.) and it
> can't be done simply by configuring apache.

writing server-side script i can check authentication, but can not check
whether user is downloading or not at that moment. i thinks only web server
can check that state.

Rgds,
> Owen Boyle

anyway thanks for your reply.