httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Beck <j...@johnbeck.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] multiple instances of apache and ssl
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:45:47 GMT
We start apache with http-server1.conf then we start anther apache with
http-server2.conf.

   We only installed apache in one location /opt/apache2
and start all apache instances out of that directory by copying the
/opt/apache2/bin/apachectl to /opt/apache2/bin/server1_apachectl. At
this point we modify /opt/bin/apache2/server1_apachectl and change the
line for config to config=/opt/apache2/conf/http-server1.conf.

We do the same for all other instances by creating it's own apachectl
that calls it's own custom httpd.conf files.