httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Beck <j...@johnbeck.org>
Subject [users@httpd] multiple instances of apache and ssl
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 21:37:27 GMT
Hello,
  We run multiple instances of apache 2.0.55 on the same server. Each
instance has it's own IP address.

 I have been trying without success to run SSL on more than one instance
 at the same time. Usually if I specify the IP in a virtualhost section
of the ssl.conf then the first instance of apache starts listening on
all the IPs specified in ssl.conf.

Is there a way to use make apache use a different ssl.conf than the
default in /opt/apache2/conf/ssl.conf. I have also tried to run the ssl
in each individial httpd-server1.conf and httpd-server2.conf files but
it seems to not recognize the SSLENGINE or any other SSL configurations.

Thanks in advance, and please let me know if you need to see any other
config files (I am still searching the Mail Archives for more
information on these issues, so please forgive me if it's been asked
before).

-John B.

<ssl.conf>

Listen 172.30.5.201:443
Listen 172.30.5.202:443

<VirtualHost 172.30.5.202:443>
    ServerName edexter.ourdomain.com
    DocumentRoot /opt/apache2/ssldocs
    SSLEngine On
    SSLProtocol all
    SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
    SSLCertificateFile /opt/apache2/conf/ssl.crt/e_dexter.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /opt/apache2/conf/ssl.key/e_dexter.key
    SSLCACertificateFile /opt/apache2/conf/ssl.crt/ca-bundle.crt
    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
             nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
             downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteLoGLevel 3
    RewriteLog logs/rewrite_log_lotfi_4
    RewriteRule https://edexter.ourdomain.com
http://edexter.nasaprs.com/external

    #RewriteRule https://e_dexter.ourdomain.com/external/(.*)$
http://edexter.nasaprs.com/external/$1

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 172.30.5.201:443>
    ServerName i-dexter.ourdomain.com
    DocumentRoot /opt/apache2/ssldocs
    SSLEngine On
    SSLProtocol all
    SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
    SSLCertificateFile /opt/apache2/conf/ssl.crt/i_dexter.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /opt/apache2/conf/ssl.key/i_dexter.key
    SSLCACertificateFile /opt/apache2/conf/ssl.crt/ca-bundle.crt
    SetEnvIf Cookie "language=en" prefer-language=en
    CookieTracking on
    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
             nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
              downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteLoGLevel 3
    RewriteLog logs/rewrite_log_lotfi_internal
    Redirect permanent / https://edexter.ourdomain.com/internal/
</VirtualHost>