httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jacqui Caren <jacqui.ca...@ntlworld.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] determining page size correctly
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:26:10 GMT
Sel├žuk Karaca wrote:
> Hello to all..
>

> I am using apache as a part of oracle 10g application server. So I could
> not specify the version.. L
>

> Our site is running jsp pages
>

> My duty is to find the sizes of each web page.

Why?

> I have looked at Access log. These logs  show sizes for each request
> But a page can be constrcuted from many requests.. For example I am
> monitoring Access log when a page is loading. And I see lots of lines
> are being logged in Access log

Its worse, if the page pulls in "static" fillers, many ISP's will cache
these and you will only see a request once every blue moon.
The best you will get (even with refererr enabled) is an estimate.

You could access eveyr page locally using an fully enabled browser
and use this as a basis for page costs, then look for actual
page requests and scale by worst case cost, but this will NOT
tally with bandwidth used.

Jacqui