httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark McCulligh <mmccu...@visualtech.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache will not start
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:07:55 GMT
Hi Group,

I have a Ferdora Core 4 system with Apache 2.0.54 installed from rpm and
it is work fine.  I then installed PostgreSQL 8.1.3, MySQL 4.1.18 and
PHP 4.4.2 from their tarballs.   Everything compiled without any errors
that I saw.  When I add LoadModule PHP4 line to httpd.conf apache will
not start. If I do a configtest the syntax is ok, but get the message
FAILED when I run start.  There is no messages in the error log file and
it displays no error messages to me.  Just says failed.

How to I figure out that the problem is without any error messages or is
there another log file I can look for an error message in.

Thanks,
Mark