httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2 on OS X 10.4
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 19:04:22 GMT
If it's crashing, can you give us the gdb backtrace of the offending (failed)
thread?

One gentle pointer, you need to use a unix filesystem rather than the Mac
filesystem to ensure case sensitivity, or be extremely careful securing
resources.  An update to APR in the next month and to httpd over the next
couple months should clear up that issue.  Apple distributes a module to
specifically address this, but they use the old-style force-to-lowercase
method to resolve ambiguity, while the apr and httpd projects are working
on a true case-canonicalization solution, which will twist any requested
filename to it's true name.

Bill