httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Long <long+apacheus...@griffon.cc.ku.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] make install error with apache 2.2.0 and Solaris
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:54:28 GMT
Sorry for the poorly formatted followup here, I just joined the list.

Anyway, I'm using Solaris 8, using /usr/ccs/bin/make and I get the same
errors regarding sed.  From the output it appears to be using the
libtool shipped with 2.2.0 (as I do not have libtool installed on the
system) so am I supposed to try using a different version of libtool also?

Thanks,

Jeff Long

Rather than claim solaris make isn't supported (it is) please post the
errors you get?  If you are able to make the errors clear, there is a good
chance that it won't be broken by the end of this week.

On libtool, what version do you have installed and from where?  It looks
like when you installed libtool it picked up the wrong rules about the sed
or shell that was detected so that escaping isn't working right.

You might try installing libtool (a modern one) from scratch.