httpd-users mailing list archives

From Anthony DiSante <tech....@encodable.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] undocumented POST size limit?
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2006 01:42:19 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
>>> I don't believe 2.0 supports >2GB posts, but I think that 2.2 does.
>>> But my guess is you'll also find that neither of your clients properly
>>> supports this.
>> OK, thanks.  Do you know of any documentation for either of those assertions?
>
> The apache side is documented here:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/new_features_2_2.html
> (See "Large File Support".)

Ah, I see.  Testing 2.2 now.

> The browser assertion is just based on rumour and reported
> lack-of-success on this list.

Hm, OK.  So this is sort of OT then, but wouldn't it seem like simply a
matter of using a large-enough datatype to store the size of the file
(specifically use an integer larger than 32 bits)?  I don't see what else a
browser would/could really want to do with an about-to-upload file that
would be different for a file <2GB than for one >2GB.

--
Anthony DiSante
Encodable Industries