httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael McCullough <husky5...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help! - question about file permissions and apache
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 15:37:31 GMT
Boyle Owen wrote:
> [...]
a proxy service, listening on the public IP (70.17.193.226) and proxying requests to your
server on the dynamic IP (currently 141.157.123.182 - requests to your domain time-out, at
the moment).

> However, the dynamic IP is not the IP of your PC - it's the IP of the "outside" interface
of your modem/router. The "inside" interface connects to your PC and will have an IP in the
range 192.168.0.0. Probably, you PC gets its IP (eg, 192.168.0.100) on boot by DHCP from the
router.

> I guess the simplest thing for you to do is just remove all "Listen" directives from
your config. Then, by default, apache will listen to all active interfaces and you don't need
to know or care what IP your PC has. IF you need to listen on a particular port (eg, 8080),
just put "Listen 8080" in the config.

> Rgds,
> Owen Boyle
>

> Diese E-mail ist eine private und persönliche Kommunikation. Sie hat keinen Bezug zur
Börsen- bzw. Geschäftstätigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This e-mail is of a private and personal
nature. It is not related to the exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le présent
e-mail est un message privé et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activité boursière du Groupe
SWX.

> This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary
the sender's company.

Ok, thanks for the info. I think I have it working now. Can you check it
out again if you have the time at "http://myanel.servebeer.com". It
still has the canned files there, I want to make sure people can connect
before O put my website up. Thanks again.