httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan S. Abrams" <j.abr...@nutmegaudiopost.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 403 Forbidden Error
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 18:14:32 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

>[Back to the list.]
>
>On 2/7/06, Jonathan S. Abrams <j.abrams@nutmegaudiopost.com> wrote:
>

>>The unix permissions are the same as the directory containing my PHP
>>code (which is working).  There is no index.html file in the directory.
>>I thought that mod_autoindex being active, in conjunction with the
>>Indexes option, would result in Apache auto-generating a directory
>>listing.  Is this not correct?
>>

>Can you show us the "ls -la" of the directory?

drwxrwxrwx 11 admin admin 374 Mar 18 2005 mwftp
drwxrwxrwx   5 admin admin 170 Feb 7 13:05 test

mwftp contains the PHP code that is running properly in Apache, test is
a directory whose contents I cannot get a list of with Apache.

>Are you using SELinux?

Mac OS X v10.4.4 Tiger Server.

>  Is it properly configured?

As far as I can tell it is.  I am trying to add new functionality
(directory listings).

>Other than that, you will need to get into more serious debugging like
>running "strace httpd -X" and seeing what syscall is failing.

Does strace exist for Tiger server?  When I type man strace, I get
nothing.  When I typed in the command you suggested, the response I got
was -bash: strace: command not found.

-Jonathan