httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan S. Abrams" <j.abr...@nutmegaudiopost.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 403 Forbidden Error
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 17:53:58 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

>On 2/7/06, Jonathan S. Abrams <j.abrams@nutmegaudiopost.com> wrote:
>

>>Joshua Slive wrote:

>>>The first thing to look at is the error_log.  No point in doing any
>>>further debugging before knowing exactly what it says in there.
>>>

>>Ah, yes.  Unfortunately, I already looked there and did not find
>>anything.
>>

>Check the unix permissions on the directory and the index.html file
>within the directory.

The unix permissions are the same as the directory containing my PHP
code (which is working).  There is no index.html file in the directory.
I thought that mod_autoindex being active, in conjunction with the
Indexes option, would result in Apache auto-generating a directory
listing.  Is this not correct?

-Jonathan