httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan S. Abrams" <j.abr...@nutmegaudiopost.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 403 Forbidden Error
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 17:47:35 GMT
httpd2@karsites.net wrote:

>Try changing the LogLevel directive to debug.
>
>LogLevel debug
>
>This will generate the max amount of error logging.
>
>Be carefull you do not run out of disk space though.

I have plenty of disk space.  The LogLevel was set to warn.  Changing to
debug has not made a difference though.  There are no entries in the
error_log file pertaining to this 403 error.  After restarting the
server with loglevel set to debug, the last entry in the error_log file
reads as follows:

[Tue Feb 07 12:39:56 2006] [debug] prefork.c(956): AcceptMutex: sysvsem
(default: sysvsem)

Should a loglevel of warn catch forbidden access errors?  If not, what
level do you recommend I keep this parameter at?

More importantly - if the debug level isn't logging these errors, what
is going on?

-Jonathan