httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan S. Abrams" <j.abr...@nutmegaudiopost.com>
Subject [users@httpd] 403 Forbidden Error
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 16:16:56 GMT
I have hit a wall in trying to eliminate a 403 error, and I am hoping
someone can show me the error of my ways.  My server configuration is
Apache/2.0.55 (Unix) PHP/4.4.2 mod_ssl/2.0.55 OpenSSL/0.9.7i.

If I attempt to go to a directory on my web server, such as /test/, I
get Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /test/ on this
server.  Now, if I try to go to a file within that directory, such as
/test/test.txt, the .txt file will display in my browser.

In my httpd.conf file, I have a line that reads Options +Indexes
FollowSymLinks.  After reading the FAQ, I made certain that I had the
following entered.

<Files ~ "^\.ht">
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Files>

The user that originally configured this setup a virtual host conf file,
located at /conf/sites/myconf.conf.  The last line of httpd.conf
includes a reference (via *.conf) to this file.  Inside the myconf.conf
file, I have a line that reads Options +Indexes ExecCGI IncludesNoExec.

mod_autoindex is a loaded module in my Apache configuration.  The
permissions on the /test/ directory that I cannot access are the same as
a directory hosting PHP code, and the PHP code is working with Apache.

If anyone can provide insight as to why I would be getting a 403 error
trying to access a directory, such as /test/, it would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

-Jonathan