httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] how to get asp on apache ?(asap)
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 07:43:28 GMT
mohan devanoor wrote:

> Thanks William,
> problem is solved with mod_perl but how to create any asp program to run
> on apache??????

You missed the point; surrender.  Either you want to run perl 'asp' scripts,
or it's time for you to learn, and port your applications, to aspx.

Trust me, I researched how to deploy the microsoft scripting framework for
asp script into httpd, and it was a totally worthless exercise in futility.
Nobody's done it yet, and now nobody is about to.  There were some various
apps to convert .asp script within apache, but I believe most of those
efforts are dead.

If you are looking for something less complex than aspx, you might learn php.

Yours,

Bill