httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Precompiled Mod_SSL binaries for Win32 and Apache 1.3
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 21:54:13 GMT
Jason J. Czerak wrote:
> It was going to be a possible solution to a problem on Win32 with
> threads and Apache 2 and modperl 2 that was just breaking things under
> any sort of load.

<ROFL />

<Picks self up off of floor />

<Falls back down laughing />

Dude, Win32 is ALWAYS THREADED.  1.3 was, 2.0 was, 2.2 is.  Will always be.

See Randy's work for some pretty solid builds of httpd+ssl+modperl.

And note that Win32 apache1.3 was bubblegum and bailing wire compared to 2.0
or 2.2 - they are miles apart.  For unix <shrug /> really you can keep using
1.3 if you don't expect any new changes, I hear you point about the fact that
it keeps on chugging.  But apache1.3/win32 barely chugged in the first place.

Note that most modperl 1.26 modules just were never right for apache1.3/Win32
(though most of the ASF's worked ok.)  Authoring a 1.26 modperl module for
Windows is an exercize unto itself.

<Wipes tears from eyes />

Bill