httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Savage, Robert CTR USTRANSCOM J6" <Robert.Savage....@ustranscom.mil>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Dual SAN certificate support
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:53:24 GMT
Joe,

On a Linux host I could get you a stack backtrace in a jiffy. I've never
seen that done on a Winders machine, so I'll have to do some rummaging
around at MSDN.

I'll e-mail the certificate text you asked for directly to your e-mail
box rather than to the list.

--Doc
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, CISSP, RHCE, GCIA
Senior Systems Analyst
BAE Systems Information Technology
USTranscom J6-PI (TFMS)
E-mail: robert.savage@hq.transcom.mil

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Orton [mailto:jorton@redhat.com]
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 4:13
To: Savage, Robert CTR USTRANSCOM J6
Cc: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Dual SAN certificate support

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 10:08:19AM -0600, Savage, Robert CTR USTRANSCOM
J6 wrote:
> Event Type:     Error
> Event Source:   Service Control Manager
> Event Category: None
> Event ID:       7024
> Date:           2/2/2006
> Time:           8:20:18 AM
> User:           N/A
> Computer:       UNDERDOG
> The Apache2 service terminated with service-specific error 1.
>
> When I edit ssl.conf to point to a single-SAN certificate for another
> IP-based virtual web site, Apache starts up smartly with no errors.

Is it possible for you to debug this crash?  I don't know how to get a
stack backtrace on Win32 but that's what I'd to see to investigate this
any further.

Can you give the "openssl x509 -text" output of the certificate which
causes the crash at startup?

joe