httpd-users mailing list archives

From <subir.sasiku...@wipro.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Cannot startup apache in RHEL AS 4.
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 10:00:43 GMT

Hi,

I am not able to start up httpd in RHEL AS 4.

The error I get is as follows.

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 190 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:

Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_jk.so into server:
/etc/httpd/modules/mod_jk.so: failed to map segment from shared object:
Permission denied

My httpd package is httpd-2.0.52-12.ent

My apr-util package version is apr-util-0.9.4-17

My mod_ssl package version is mod_ssl-2.0.50-1

I have checked the syntax in the httpd.conf

It is as follows: LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so

Mod_jk is also latest. There are no issues with the version.

Note: I am _able_ to successfully start up apache _if I install web
server along with the OS installation_

Could some body help me?

Thanks and Regards

Subir S