httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Configuring mod_authn_dbd with apr_dbd_mysql on Apache 2.2
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 19:26:44 GMT
On Sunday 26 February 2006 19:09, Fred McCann wrote:

> Is there anything I got wrong here? Is apr_dbd_mysql incompatible
> with my version of MySQL, FreeBSD, or Apache?

That's a difficult one.  Are you using apr_dbd_mysql from up-to-date source
and compiled with all the same options as (the rest of) your APR-util?

I think the mysql driver needs a prominent notice about its status.
Basically it's not adequately maintained, and can't be until we have
maintainers running it on different platforms.  I've only run it against
MySQL 4.1.x, and even that was some time ago (I use PostgreSQL
in my live server).  I'm also less inclined to maintain it than I was a
year ago, after approaching MySQL AB about the licensing issue, and
finding myself on a MySQL spam list for my pains.

--
Nick Kew