httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ganeshh HariHaran <gann...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Warning message on Solaris
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:28:28 GMT
try  lsof -i| grep -w 80 and find which all  apache threads is listening on port 80, filter
the one which is in  question based on name or IP.

  take the process id from second column of the matching name or IP in question  and kill
it.

  start your apache once again...

  Pls take caution if you are on production box...

  cheers

Tejas Sanghavi <tejas.sanghavi@patni.com> wrote:              Hi,

  I am using Apache 2.0.55 on Solaris 8.

  When I try to listen on the port which is already   in use, I get the message - "Address
already in use: make_sock: could not bind   to address ..." on the console as well as in error_log
on Linux, Windows,   HP-UX. But I am not getting this message on Solaris 8.

  Can anybody tell me what could be the   reason?

  Thanks & Regards,
  Tejas Sanghavi.

http://www.patni.com

  This e-mail message may contain proprietary, confidential or legally  privileged information
for the sole use of the person or entity to  whom this message was originally addressed. Any
review, e-transmission  dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance
upon  this information by persons or entities other than the intended  recipient is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error  kindly delete  this e-mail from your records. If
it appears that this  mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, please notify
 us immediately at netadmin@patni.com and delete this mail.

 Yahoo! Mail