httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Lazic <al-httpdus...@none.at>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Soft. Load Balancer Recommendations
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:20:12 GMT
Hi,

On Son 19.02.2006 17:26, James Wuerflein wrote:
>I'm looking for a software load balancer solution where I could do 1 to
>many backend webservers, and also have the option to maintain some
>session persistance with jsession?  Additionally, would like to be able
>to do many proxy or load balancers to many backend webservers or
>application servers.
>
>Is there anything avail. with no other 3rd party Apache modules to do
>that?  Does anyone have any suggestions on solutions that have worked
>well for them?

http://w.ods.org/tools/haproxy/

---
Here are the latest production versions of HA-proxy, a free, reliable
high-performance TCP/HTTP load balancer. Packages are provided for
RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.0 (x86) and Formilux 0.1.8. Generic linux-i586
and Solaris8-ultrasparc binaries are also provided. Other platforms
should use sources instead. Version 1.1 is the stable one, version 1.2
is nearly the same with a few add-ons, such as support for poll/epoll,
IPv6 and application cookies.
---

I prefer the 1.2.x version ;-)

regards