httpd-users mailing list archives

From Uk1ah Sm1th <uk...@faction42.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] force 404 error
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:20:13 GMT
On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 04:54:51PM +0100, Oliver.Schaudt@unilog.de wrote:
>  ErrorDocument 403 /path/to/errorfile/404.html
> see
>  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/custom-error.html
>
> bye

I am not looking for how to make custom error pages. I am looking for a
way to change a http response from 200 to 404. I have some directorys
that exist on my server, .svn directorys. When a user types in
http://example.com/.svn the NORMALLY get a 200 response and the file.
This is because the .svn directory is there and readable. I want a
user to recieve a 404 file not found INSTEAD of the 200, without me
having to manually delete the .svn directorys.

I don't want users to even know that the .svn directorys exist.

Thanks .U

--
"Well done is better than well said."
             - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)