httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2 seems to have problems with CIFS mounted filesystems
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:16:13 GMT
On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 01:43:12PM -0800, Tim Garton wrote:
> Has anyone else run into anything like this?  Just upgraded to Apache
> 2.2.0 on a linux box running 2.6.10 kernel.  This machine mounts some
> windows shares via CIFS (eg. mount -t cifs //windowsfs/share
> /local/mount/point)  For some of the virtual hosts the UserDir's lie on
> these mounted CIFS filesystems.  After upgrading to 2.2, whenever you
> try to visit one of these UserDir pages, if it's an .html page you get
> the html but no images work, if it's anything else you get a blank
> page.  Additionally, we see these in our error logs:
>
> [Mon Feb 13 14:55:08 2006] [info] [client 172.16.10.7] (75)Value too
> large for defined data type: core_output_filter: writing data to the network

Could you capture the strace output when this happens? e.g.

strace -o /tmp/httpd.strace httpd -X
<send a request which triggers the error>
CTRL-C.

then gzip and upload /tmp/httpd.strace somewhere; please don't post it
to this list.  It might be useful also to know the:

- Linux distribution
- CPU architecture
- glibc version

Regards,