httpd-users mailing list archives

From mohan devanoor <mohan.devan...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] how to get asp on apache ?(asap)
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 08:51:43 GMT

"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:    mohan devanoor wrote:

> Thanks William,
> problem is solved with mod_perl but how to create any asp program to run
> on apache??????
- i meant to say the samples which r given in asp/eg/ are working. Apache uses perl script
embeded asp page. is it so?
  htttp://localhost/asp/form.asp
  outout : a form
You missed the point; surrender. Either you want to run perl 'asp' scripts,
or it's time for you to learn, and port your applications, to aspx.
  but u said
- mod_aspdotnet and mod_mono only support aspx - not asp.  modperl also
doesn't
support 'vb' or other non-perl .asp pages, only asp pages in perl.
  ???????

Trust me, I researched how to deploy the microsoft scripting framework for
asp script into httpd, and it was a totally worthless exercise in futility.
Nobody's done it yet, and now nobody is about to. There were some various
apps to convert .asp script within apache, but I believe most of those
efforts are dead.

If you are looking for something less complex than aspx, you might learn php.

Yours,

Bill