httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mohammed Rahman <>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.52 mod_jk1.2.8 rewrite rule bug dealing with %23
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 23:43:46 GMT
I had following rewrite rule to forward http requests for everything in "Windchill" webapps
to https
    RewriteEngine On
  RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} ^80$
  RewriteRule ^/Windchill/(.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}/Windchill/$1 [NE,R]
  When it tries to rewrite following URL to https with no escaping (NE flag)
  It ends up writing following URL
  In this URL you can see it converted the "http" to "https", and it kept "%3A" intact since
I had "NE" flag which prevents mod_rewrite from applying the usual URI escaping rules. So
it all worked well except one thing. As you can see in the above URL, it converted "%23" to
it's original value "#". My question is why? I instructed the rewrite rule to keep it intact
when comes any special characters and it kept all the "%3A" intact but for some reason it
changed "%23" to "#". Anyone any idea? Please help.

"I have nothing new to teach the world. Truth and non-violence are as old as the hills." ------Mahatma
Do you Yahoo!?