httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sebastian Reitenbach" <>
Subject [users@httpd] only allowing specific hosts via https proxy
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 09:40:49 GMT
I am trying to do the following with the apache proxy module:
I want to use apache proxy module for http, ftp and https (for some special
trusted hosts) and redirect it to mod_clamav.
This works very well for http and ftp. scanning https does not work, therefore
I want to setup a whitelist of trusted https hosts.
The AllowCONNECT statement only allows to define allowed ports, therefore
The ProxyBlock is generally useful to block unwanted content, to setup a
blacklist. so far so good, but not useful for my case.
Then I thought the <Proxy > or <ProxyMatch > containers would do the trick,
but it does not seem to be that case.
The following will block all traffic to e.g.
<ProxyMatch "http.**">
        order deny,allow
        deny from all
        allow from none
But the following will not block traffic to e.g.
<ProxyMatch "https.**">
        order deny,allow
        deny from all
        allow from none
I also tried the same with the <Proxy> container, but got the same result.
Is there a way to only allow https connections to some given specific hosts?
I am using SuSE 9.3 and the apache2-2.0.53-9.7 rpm of my distribution.
kind regards

See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
   "   from the digest: