httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] AddDefaultCharset and Multiple Encodings
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 09:33:36 GMT
On Wednesday 01 February 2006 05:41, Skating Jim wrote:

> The basis for my comment is that the Apache
> documentation for AddDefaultCharset says:
>
> "This should override any charset specified in the
> body of the response via a META  element, though the
> exact behavior is often dependent on the user's client
> configuration."

That's just FYI.  What matters is not the Apache documentation,
but the public internetworking specs: RFC2616 (HTTP), and the
MIME one whose number I don't recollect without looking it up.

So what the apache documentation is really telling you is how
an Internet-compliant browser works.  It qualifies that by noting
that some browsers may be broken.

--
Nick Kew