httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel E" <emmanue...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Installation problems of Apache2
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 03:23:52 GMT
Some other program might be using port 80. Possible software could be IIS or Skype. You could
also find out if any program is using port 80 with this utility - http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html
Check for sockets in the LISTENING state and bound to port 80.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Stephanie Wheeler
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:04 AM
  Subject: [users@httpd] Installation problems of Apache2

  While I am installing the Apache HTTP server, Win32bin(msi), I receive a socket error that
only one is allowed to be used. After installation, I receive an error that states no service
is detected for Apache2. I've installed and reinstalled several times with the same resulting
errors. I am working on WindowsXP. I read through all the instructions and followed them to
the letter. I thought the service was to be set up automatically when installed. I really
have no clue how to resolve these errors. Can anyone help please!! I am up against a deadline.
  Thank you.
  Stephanie