httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Salisbury" <salisb...@globe.gov>
Subject [users@httpd] 2.2 ErrorDocument weirdness
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 18:01:17 GMT

There's worse things than this, but I wonder if anyone has this weirdness.

Apache 2.2, upon a server error, would send the error message
using text as it's content-type, thereby the html would display as text
in the browser. I fixed this by changing the DefaultType to text/html
from text/plain

----
# DefaultType is the default MIME type for documents which the server
# cannot find the type of from filename extensions.
DefaultType text/html
----

Though it seems strange to me that Apache doesn't know what it's generating. :)
But the weird part is that I'm still getting the message:
"Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument
to handle the request."
even though I have commented out any ErrorDocuments defined.

anyone else experience this?

-Dave