httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stephanie Wheeler" <swheel...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Installation problems of Apache2
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:34:32 GMT
While I am installing the Apache HTTP server, Win32bin(msi), I receive a socket error that
only one is allowed to be used. After installation, I receive an error that states no service
is detected for Apache2. I've installed and reinstalled several times with the same resulting
errors. I am working on WindowsXP. I read through all the instructions and followed them to
the letter. I thought the service was to be set up automatically when installed. I really
have no clue how to resolve these errors. Can anyone help please!! I am up against a deadline.
Thank you.
Stephanie