httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Lekha Menon" <lekha.me...@patni.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Can i have relative path for apr_file_open in UNIX as done on WINDOWS?
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 10:42:36 GMT
Hi,

I have written a module which calls apr_file_open in which i have used a
relative path
e.g
apr_file_open(&thefile, "logs/abc.log",APR_READ,APR_OS_DEFAULT, x_pool);

This seems to be working on Windows platform where it considers
<ApacheInstallationPath>\logs\abc.log
But it does not get this relative path on LINUX.

Why so?

Same is the issue with fopen() system call.  I am able to open files with
relative path in this module on Windows but not on Linux.

Is there any setting by which Apache Installation Dir is known by Windows
but same setting not on Linux? Pls lemme know.

Thanks & Regards,
Lekha Menon

http://www.patni.com

kindly delete  this e-mail from your records. If it appears that this
us immediately at netadmin@patni.com and delete this mail.