httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] permissions problem
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:33:09 GMT
On 1/30/06, Dr. Stephen Judd <sjudd@seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> Your problem still sounds very much like SELinux to me.  Are you
> absolutely positive you are not running that?
> What exact version of redhat are you running?
> I'm quite sure I'm not running SELinux. Here is my evidence:
> [judd@database ~]$ echo $MACHTYPE
> i686-redhat-linux-gnuAs for version, I dunno. How do I find out?

SELinux is not a distribution in itself.  It is a set of tools built
on top of a linux distribution.  The symptoms of your problem,
together with the fact that you have no idea what distribution you are
running, still lead me to believe that you are running selinux.  I'm
not a redhat expert, so I can't tell you how to track down your
distribution details.  But information on selinux is linked from the
last question in the FAQ listed here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/faq/error.html#error.permissiondenied

Joshua.