httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] file preprocessing
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:25:18 GMT
On 1/26/06, Садреев Айрат Алмазович <SadreevAA@kaz.transneft.ru>
wrote:
> My files is binary files and can be processed only by special application. As far as
I understand mod_ext_filter designed to work with text data because it works via stdin/stdout.
Can I pass binary contents through stdin/stdout?

Yes, I believe mod_ext_filter will work with binary content.  But
you'll need to test it carefully.  I've never tried it myself.

> And how this chain can be implemented: mod_proxy->mod_ext_filter->mod_cache->client?

It should work automatically.  But as I said, you should setup and
test things one step at a time to avoid confusion.

Joshua.