httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Troubles w/mod_rewrite
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:33:08 GMT
On 1/19/06, Jason Williard <jwilliard@pcsafe.com> wrote:
> I added the RewriteLog directive to the .htaccess file and am now getting
> Internal Error messages.  When looking at the error logs, I get:
>
> [Thu Jan 19 13:20:08 2006] [alert] [client x.x.x.x]
> /www/vhosts/domain.com/weather/.htaccess: RewriteLog not allowed here

RewriteLog needs to be defined in httpd.conf.

But given that you are using .htaccess (which I didn't notice before),
you can probably solve your problem by removing the leading slash from
your RewriteRules.  This is not present when mod_rewrite is applied at
the <Directory>/.htaccess level.

(Of course, you would easily note this if you used the RewriteLog to
analyze the request.)

Joshua.